If you are unfortunate enough to have missing teeth, you should consider replacement as quickly as possible. When left untreated, full or partial tooth loss can affect a person’s self-image and increase the risk of developing nutritional problems and other systemic health disorders. Indianapolis dentist Dr. Amy Marckese offers options for replacing missing teeth using dentures, partials and implant dentures. Dentures provide an effective solution for missing teeth to restore beauty and function to the smile. They are made from high-quality state of the art dental materials that look and function like natural teeth. DentalSpa can custom design dentures to fit comfortably and look natural, allowing you to eat, speak and smile with confidence.
Types of Dentures
Modern dentures are more natural looking and comfortable thanks to advancements in the quality of dental materials and technology. There are several types of dentures available at DentalSpa in Indianapolis. Dr. Marckese will assess your condition, discuss your personal goals and help you choose the type of denture that is right for you and your budget:
- Partial Denture : A partial denture replaces several missing teeth similar to how a dental bridge does. Partials are either made with a plastic base or metal framework that will support the number of teeth missing. These are designed to stay in place with clasps and rests that will form around the remaining teeth.
- Full Dentures: These are for patients who are missing all of there upper or lower teeth. They are typically made of plastic base that is colored to blend in with the gums. This base is designed to stay in place by forming a seal with your gums.
- Implant Dentures: Dentures secured by dental implants permanently attach dentures to the jaw using using as few as four strategically placed dental implants. Denture implants provide the best result and a higher rate of patient satisfaction.
Benefits of Implant Supported Dentures
With today’s advances in technology, dentures can now be permanently placed. As few as four dental implants are surgically placed in the jaw bone. After a period of healing, those implants are used to anchor the denture or partial for a permanent restoration. Implant dentures have a 95% or better success rate and equally high level of patient satisfaction. While this procedure does require a greater initial investment compared to alternatives like removable dentures or dental bridges, implant dentures offer the best long term benefits. Implants eliminate all the classic concerns that come with the removable options. Implant supported dentures are more superior and better for your oral health for the following reasons:
- Significant improvement in retention and stability
- Restores normal chewing function, meaning no restrictions on diet
- Improves long term bone health
- Allows patient to speak and smile naturally and comfortably
- No glues, adhesives, soaks or rinses
- No slipping or fear of teeth falling out
Learn More About Dental Implants
- Dental Implants Overview
- The Benefits of Dental Implants
- FAQ: Dental Implants
- Dental Implant Procedure
- Types of Dental Implants
- Cost of Dental Implants
- Dental Implants vs Dentures
- Multiple Dental Implants
- Single Dental Implants
- What Are Dental Implants?