Do you have crooked teeth? Are you looking for an alternative to metal braces for your orthodontic needs? Clear aligners and clear braces can offer patients discreet, comfortable treatment that will provide a straighter, healthier smile.
Dr. Amy Marckese is a SureSmile® provider in the Indianapolis area, working with patients to achieve their dental health and cosmetic goals using this clear aligner system. SureSmile is available for patients of all ages, including adults who may be experiencing orthodontic relapse or bite problems. In addition to providing SureSmile clear aligners, Dr. Marckese offers cosmetic dentistry treatments in Indianapolis, IN.
How does SureSmile® work?
Treatment with SureSmile begins with a consultation to evaluate your dental health and discuss your needs and goals. Our dentist in Indianapolis, IN, near you, will create a personalized treatment plan using the SureSmile CAD/CAM software and digital imagery of your teeth.
SureSmile has advanced software that enables Dr. Marckese to provide anatomically correct tooth movement for a more accurate and lasting outcome. Each set of aligners is custom-made to stimulate tooth movement and over the course of treatment, the full range of aligners will achieve the desired goal.
Once your aligners are ready, we will place the first set in our office and discuss your treatment timeline. Our dental care team can help you maintain the health of your smile during treatment. Patients will change their aligners every 2-3 weeks as the teeth are slowly repositioned according to your unique treatment plan.
Checkup visits are typically every 6-8 weeks so that we can effectively monitor your progress and make changes as needed. When treatment is complete, we recommend wearing a retainer nightly to maintain your results and keep your smile looking great.
Benefits of SureSmile Aligners
There are many benefits to choose SureSmile to correct your tooth alignment. Not only will it improve the aesthetics of your smile, but it will also improve your oral health. This advanced orthodontic treatment system uses 3D images to create each patient’s treatment plan. The many benefits of SureSmile include:
- Precision: SureSmiles technology allows for highly precise and customized treatment plans, resulting in more accurate tooth movement and shorter treatment times.
- Faster Treatment: The precision of SureSmiles often leads to quicker treatment outcomes compared to traditional braces, reducing the overall duration of orthodontic therapy.
- Comfort: SureSmiles braces are designed to be more comfortable than traditional braces. The customized archwires exert gentle forces, minimizing discomfort and reducing the need for frequent adjustments.
- Improved Oral Hygiene: SureSmiles braces are easier to clean than traditional braces because of their customized design. This allows for better oral hygiene and reducing the risk of dental issues during treatment.
- Predictable Results: Orthodontists can visualize the entire treatment process in advance, ensuring predictable results and better communication with patients about the expected outcomes.
- Reduced Appointments: SureSmiles technology often requires fewer office visits because adjustments are more precise, allowing for a more streamlined treatment process.
- Aesthetics: SureSmiles offers clear aligner options, providing a more aesthetically pleasing alternative to traditional braces.
- Enhanced Patient Experience: The streamlined, efficient treatment process and reduced discomfort contribute to an overall improved experience for patients undergoing orthodontic treatment.
Caring for Your SureSmile Clear Aligners
It is important to properly care for you SureSmile aligners. You need to maintain good oral hygiene and care for aligners every day to ensure they remain in proper condition. This will help you achieve a proper orthodontic treatment in a timely manner. Tips on taking care of your clear aligners include:
- Remove Before Eating: You must always remove your aligners before eating or drinking anything other than water. This prevents staining and damage to the aligners.
- Maintain Proper Oral Hygiene: You should try to brush and floss your teeth after every meal before putting the aligners back in your mouth. Clean your aligners gently with a soft-bristle toothbrush and lukewarm water. Never use hot water because it can warp the plastic.
- Avoid Staining Substances: Minimize contact with substances like coffee, tea, red wine, or colorful foods that can stain your aligners. If you consume these, make sure to clean your aligners immediately.
- Keep Aligners Safe: When not in use, store your aligners in their case. Avoid wrapping them in napkins or tissues, as this can lead to loss or damage.
- Regular Check-ups: Attend your regular dental appointments and checkups as scheduled. Your orthodontist can ensure your treatment progress is on track and provide any necessary adjustments or replacements.
- Handling with Care: When inserting or removing aligners, please do so gently to avoid damaging them. Using too much force can bend or break them.
- Stay Consistent: You must wear your aligners for the recommended duration each day to ensure the treatment progresses as planned. Typically, aligners should be worn for 20-22 hours a day.
SureSmile is an easy and convenient orthodontic treatment that will straighten your teeth. Learn more about this discreet and less invasive treatments by reading through the frequently asked questions. If you have further questions or concerns, contact us today.
Am I a candidate for SureSmile?
Most patients with mild to moderate orthodontic needs will be candidates for treatment with SureSmile. Dr. Marckese will meet with you and perform a dental exam as part of your consultation and determine if SureSmile is the best solution for your needs.
Will dental insurance cover the cost of SureSmile?
We will work with you to determine the availability of orthodontic coverage from your dental insurance. Some policies include partial coverage for orthodontics that includes clear aligners. Dr. Marckese offers a range of payment options as well as financing to meet your personal budget needs.
How long is treatment with SureSmile?
One of the key benefits of choosing SureSmile is shorter treatment times when compared to traditional braces. Most patients will complete treatment in 12-15 months. Dr. Marckese will provide a detailed timeline of your length of treatment after your initial consultation so that you are aware of what to expect.
How do you clean SureSmile aligners?
Clean your SureSmile aligners with a soft-bristled toothbrush and soap. Patients should be sure to brush them lightly and carefully while cleaning.
Does SureSmile use attachments?
SureSmile aligners do have attachments; however, you will not always require them. Your dentist can determine and discuss if your treatment will require attachments or not.
Can you drink with SureSmile?
We recommend taking out your aligners when eating, drinking, or chewing gum. Be sure not to wear your aligners when consuming hot drinks, because the temperature may warp their shape. Also avoid sugary, or colored drinks like red wine because they can stain the aligners.
Schedule a Consultation for SureSmile Aligners in Indianapolis, IN
If you are interested in learning more about this clear and easy tooth alignment system, call DentalSpa today. We offer SureSmile in Indianapolis, IN to discreetly straighten crooked teeth. To get started with your treatment, call us today at 866.486.0230 to schedule an appointment or you can schedule an appointment online.