At DentalSpa in Indianapolis, IN, we understand that dealing with dental fear can be frustrating and uncomfortable. We aim to provide an environment where all of our patients feel safe and comfortable while receiving the dental treatment they need. Unlike traditional dental offices, we have created a comfortable and relaxing environment with the help of aromatherapy, spa amenities, sedation dentistry, and patient education. We offer a unique experience for every patient who walks through our doors. Family dentist Dr. Amy Marckese is committed to providing her patients with high-quality, patient focused dental care.
Tips for dealing with dental fear
- Tell your dentist about your dental fear. Dr. Marckese will work with you to ensure you are comfortable and relaxed during your treatment. At DentalSpa, our office is designed to give provide patients with a relaxing environment while they receive the treatment they need. Letting our caring staff and Dr. Marckese know about your dental fear will help you feel more at ease.
- Listen to some music or a book to ease your mind. Distracting yourself while you get your dental treatment can help keep you calm. Each of our rooms is equipped with its own TV with personal headphones.
- Schedule preventive care visits. The longer you wait to visit the dentist, the longer complex dental issues have time to develop. During preventive care visit, Dr. Marckese is able to examine your mouth, teeth, and gums to check for any signs of dysfunction. If she uncovers a dental issue, she can discuss what treatment will help restore the health of your smile.
- Sedation Dentistry: Nitrous Oxide. Nitrous oxide, laughing gas, can help you feel comfortable and relaxed during your treatment. Although you will be awake during treatment, you will remain comfortable and relaxed. Nitrous oxide is administered through a mask that is placed on your nose, but once removed, the effects of the gas diminish.
- Relaxing approach to dentistry. At DentalSpa, we aim to provide patients with a comfortable, stress-free environment when they are receiving their dental treatment. Our treatment rooms are equipped with massage chairs, TV’s with noise canceling headphones, and music. We also have a professional masseuse and paraffin wax treatments. Our goal is to reduce or eliminate any stress and anxiety you may feel about visiting the dentist.
Schedule an Appointment
At DentalSpa in Indianapolis, IN, Dr. Marckese and her caring staff are committed to providing patients focused dental care. If you are interested in schedule an appointment, you can schedule an appointment online or call 866.486.0230 today.