If you have missing teeth, cavities, or other damage to your teeth, you might want to consider a smile makeover to restore your smile to its most healthy and functional state. A smile makeover is a combination of restorative dentistry treatments tailored to your specific needs. At DentalSpa Indy, we specialize in complete dental care in a spa-like environment. Let our Indianapolis restorative dentistry team tell you about how you can benefit from this type of treatment.
Replacing Missing Teeth
The goal of restorative dentistry is to restore your teeth to a functional and attractive state while also preserving as much of natural teeth as possible. Replacing your missing teeth with a dental implant, bridge, full or partial denture helps promote dental health as well as creating a more attractive smile. Allowing empty spaces in your smile can allow plaque-causing bacteria to build up, increasing your risk of tooth decay, and also cause erosion of jawbone and gum tissues. Missing teeth also place additional stress on your remaining natural teeth because there is less surface area to bite and chew with, so replacing teeth helps your remaining natural teeth stay healthy.
Tooth Restoration Options
When you and your dentist are planning your restorative dentistry plan, you will need to consider both your health and your budget. Most dentists will try to preserve your remaining natural teeth if possible before advocating for full or partial dentures so you won’t have to remove and clean the devices regularly. However, sometimes full or partial dentures are the best option if you are missing many teeth and you’re not a good candidate for dental implants due to other health issues such as a lack of sufficient healthy supporting bone tissue.
Types of Dental Restoration
Because of the variety of dental treatments available for dental restoration, you now have many different options for repairing worn, decayed, damaged or missing teeth and restoring your smile.
DentalSpa Indy performs these procedures to help you smile your best.
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening is a popular tooth restoration procedure that focuses on the aesthetic appeal of your teeth. Discoloration or stains on your enamel due to normal eating and drinking habits can leave you with a less than appealing smile.
- Dental Crown: Artificial teeth that cover over damaged teeth to restore their functioning.
- Dental Bridges: A means of replacing missing teeth using a crown over the empty space, supported by two adjacent crowned teeth.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants replace missing teeth with crowns mounted on titanium implant screws that serve as the root of the tooth.
- Inlays/Onlays: Inlays and onlays are fillings made of composite or porcelain materials used to repair decay or structural damage.
- Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers are made of composite or porcelain laminates that are placed over damaged, chipped or crooked teeth and adhered with a bonding agent. If you have been unsuccessful with teeth whitening treatment, porcelain veneers are a viable alternative.
- Composite Bonding: Composite bonding is used to restore chipped, broken, decayed or discolored teeth. A composite material that looks like enamel is applied to the surface of a tooth or cavity and then shaped to repair flaws.
- Smile Makeover: Smile makeovers involve using more than one cosmetic procedure to achieve a desired look. The dentist may have to use a combination of cosmetic procedures such as veneers, implants, sculpting or whitening depending on the condition of your teeth and mouth.
Schedule a Consultation
If you feel you need the benefits of restorative dentistry, DentalSpa Indy is here to help you. Contact our office today at 866.486.0230 to schedule an appointment or consultation or contact us online.