Whether you’re looking for a subtle change or dramatic transformation, porcelain veneers may be the answer. A porcelain veneer is a thin, translucent shell of tooth-like material that is bonded to the front of teeth.
Indianapolis dentist Dr. Amy Marckese-Braun incorporates porcelain veneers into cosmetic dentistry treatments for patients who want to improve the beauty, health, or function of their teeth. Porcelain veneers may be used to treat a variety of dental health or cosmetic concerns:
- Diastemas (spaces between teeth)
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Discolored teeth that can’t be bleached
- Uneven or crooked teeth
Our Patients Say It Best
Dr. Amy and her team have been wonderful since the moment I stepped foot into their office. I can honestly say that I don’t mind going to the dentist. They provide excellent customer service and Dr. Amy is quite the perfectionist! That is definitely a quality that you should look for in a dentist. Dr. Amy and her staff have changed my life by perfecting my smile!
–Anonymous Patient, April 2012
Porcelain Veneers: What To Expect
The process for porcelain veneers is fairly simple. Dr. Marckese-Braun puts much of her emphasis on the pre-treatment planning to ensure predictable, natural looking results at the final appointment. Here is what you might expect:
- Initial Consultation & Examination – Regardless of your treatment, you will receive a comprehensive consultation and examination with Dr. Marckese-Braun. During this visit, she will inspect your teeth, gums and mouth and determine if porcelain veneers are right for you. Next, she will map out a customized treatment plan to meet your cosmetic goals as well as address your health concerns.
- Modeling– Dr. Marckese-Braun will fully explain your treatment and answer any questions that you might have. You will have an opportunity to view photos of other patients who’ve undergone treatment with porcelain veneers. Dr. Marckese-Braun may use 2-D and 3-D renditions to show you what your teeth will look like after treatment.
- Tooth Preparation– Dr. Marckese-Braun will begin treatment by preparing the teeth for the porcelain veneers. In most cases, this involves removing a small amount of the natural tooth structure to allow room for the porcelain veneers in your mouth. Dr. Marckese-Braun will take impressions of your teeth that will be sent to a dental laboratory where the permanent porcelain veneers will be made.Typically, temporary dental veneers are placed over the teeth for protection and esthetics. Temporary dental veneers are made of plastic and temporarily sealed to the front of the teeth. These are typically worn for 2 – 3 weeks while the permanent dental veneers are being fabricated at the laboratory.
- Final Fit & Restoration – When the porcelain veneers arrive from the laboratory, Dr. Marckese-Braun will try them on to check their fit, shape and color. She will make any minor adjustments that might be needed before permanently bonding the porcelain veneers to the teeth.
- After Care – Porcelain veneers require some special care. Dr. Marckese-Braun will review instructions with you and show you how to floss and brush the dental veneers. Routine dental cleanings and examinations are important to ensure long term health and proper fit. Porcelain veneers are highly stain resistant and will look bright for years to come
Schedule a Consultation for Porcelain Veneers
Find out if porcelain veneers are right for you. Contact DentalSpa Indianapolis for a consultation with Dr. Amy Marckese-Braun. Give us a call at (866) 486-0230, or schedule an appointment online today.