At Dental Spa Indianapolis, we believe that preventive dental care and patient education are the foundation for achieving oral health success. Dr. Amy Marckese-Braun offers a complete range of preventive dental care services to enhance the health and function of your natural smile. Dr. Marckese-Braun encourages patients to practice preventive dental care to improve their oral health and minimize their risk of developing complex dental concerns. When you neglect your gum and oral health, you are more susceptible to developing issues like gum disease, tooth decay, and even oral cancer.
Taking charge of your oral health can improve your gum health and get you one step closer to a healthier smile. In this post, we will discuss simple ways to improve your gum health.
If you would like to explore your treatment options, visit Dental Spa Indianapolis for the care you need. To schedule an appointment, call (866) 486-0230 or request an appointment online.
Improving Your Gum Health
- Quit Smoking. Smoking can increase your risk of developing gum disease. Smokers who have developed gum disease have a harder time fighting off the infection, which contributes to gum disease progressing faster than usual.
- Floss your teeth daily. Flossing can help remove plaque and debris buildup between the teeth.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day. Most dentist, recommend patients brush their teeth after every meal to minimize plaque buildup, remove food particles, and freshen the breath.
- Don’t forget to brush or scrape your tongue. Cleaning your tongue removes harmful bacteria from the mouth.
- Visit the dentist for routine dental exams. We encourage our patients to visit our dental office for their preventive dental care exam. During your preventive dental exam, Dr. Marckese-Braun can examine your teeth and gums and check for any developing oral health concerns. Dr. Marckese-Braun will develop a treatment plan based on your needs.